SOLVED

How to manage unmanaged Lists (My Lists)?

Brass Contributor

Hi all, 

Lists can be stored in two locations: 

- SharePoint Site

- My Lists

In this question I am talking about My Lists. As far as I understand My Lists are stored in the specific OneDrive of the user. 

Scenario: A huge, heavily used List is stored in My Lists (I know this is not how it is supposed to be) and the creator of the List leaves the company. How do I manage this unmanged List? In Forms there is a process a Global Admin can use to get back the control. But for Lists I didn't find something so far. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by SYN_Dominik (Brass Contributor)
Solution
From within the Microsoft 365 admin center you can get access to the person's OneDrive. Everyone's OneDrive is a special SharePoint site which has a site contents overview (/_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx?view=14).
Here you should find the list.

Never tested it, but I think you should now also be able to copy the list using Powershell.
This is awesome! Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SYN_Dominik (Brass Contributor)
Solution
From within the Microsoft 365 admin center you can get access to the person's OneDrive. Everyone's OneDrive is a special SharePoint site which has a site contents overview (/_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx?view=14).
Here you should find the list.

Never tested it, but I think you should now also be able to copy the list using Powershell.

View solution in original post