Mails not getting delivered to the New Exchange Server 2016 in an environment

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

We have introduced a new exchange server 2016, which will soon be replacing the existing Exchnage server 2013. It is an Hybrid environment where we have Office 365, Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016 in coexistance.

Any email that is being sent from Exchange Online to the Mailbox that exists on Exchange Server 2016 it first gets deliver to Exchange 2013 and then to Exchange 2016, but when we send an email directly to the new exchange server 2016 it gives us the error message "450 4.4.317 Cannot connect to remote server". We did checked the Load Balancer logs in an environment and found that the email did land up in an environement and connects to the VIP of Load Balancer but it dosen't go forward to the exchange 2016. 

Connector Validation is also getting failed on the exchange admin portal, when we validated with the email ID that exists on Exchange server 2016.

Can any one suggest what else I should check and also tell me what could be the reason for this error message.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Hi @pansinha 

check this command to see what is going on Get-MessageTrackingLog. 

also you should rerun the Hybrid configuration wizard to configure Send and Receive connector correctly.

i would recommed to have alook to below article in case you missed some configuration.

Migrating to Exchange Server 2016 | Practical365

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

Hi RecepGencaslan,

We did try to run the HCW but the problem still persist. We checked the messageing logs and as per the log there is noemail after 2nd June.