SOLVED

Tasks

Brass Contributor

I want a function for multiple conditions where it says that if a certain number of cells are filled, knowing that there are numbers and text in those cells, if all these cells are filled the phrase appears "Completed", and if a number of cells are filled the phrase appears "in progress", and if any of the cells is not filled, ther phrase appears "not completed" also appears here. Another condition is that if there is a certain text, if it is entered by the person concerned, such as "off", the phrase "off" appears in the status of tasks

30 Replies
Because I need the total column in the middle of the table, I cannot move it, but the function in the case of tasks works correctly in tasks that are at a later date "The task has not come yet" even though there is a sum equation so I think it can be solved through an equation in the total column so that it is There is a condition in the total column with formula like = sumif/isblank, the condition is that the cell with sum formula is empty unless numbers are filled, I mean that normally, if there is a summation equation and there are no numbers to sum, the equation will appear 0. I want the cell sum it to be "blank" unless there is numbers are filled in that show the result of the sum formula

@Saud 

That's needlessly complicated.

@Hans Vogelaar I know that and it's okay only because I want it to be more accurate, and because if tomorrow comes and the person concerned does not complete the tasks, it will appear that he is late and that is enough, thank you again

@Saud 

How about

=IFS(ISNUMBER(MATCH("off", B2:G2, 0)), "Off", ((B2<>"")+(C2<>"")+(D2<>"")+(F2<>"")+(G2<>""))=0, IF(A2<TODAY(), "Delay in Task Monitoring", "Not Completed"), ((B2="")+(C2="")+(D2="")+(F2="")+(G2=""))>0, IF(A2<TODAY(), "Delay in Task Monitoring", IF(A2=TODAY(), "In Progress", "Not Yet Due")), TRUE, "Completed")

It's work and a great idea, but like you told me earlier, it's going to be complicated because the problem arose is that the later dates show "not completed" and not show "not yet due".

@Saud 

=IFS(ISNUMBER(MATCH("off", B2:G2, 0)), "Off", ((B2<>"")+(C2<>"")+(D2<>"")+(F2<>"")+(G2<>""))=0, IF(A2<TODAY(), "Delay in Task Monitoring", "Not Yet Due"), ((B2="")+(C2="")+(D2="")+(F2="")+(G2=""))>0, IF(A2<TODAY(), "Delay in Task Monitoring", IF(A2=TODAY(), "In Progress", "Not Yet Due")), TRUE, "Completed")

It works but what about "not completed" :)

@Saud 

I give up.

I never blame you. I truly thank you for so much time you have given me. And I know the problem is the difference between "not completed" and "in progress", my main idea is that if the person concerned starts the day and he still hasn't started filling in the tasks, the phrase "not completed" appears, and if it starts to fill in the tasks, it shows “in progress.” This is exactly the difference.

@Saud 

I'm still not sure what you want. Perhaps

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("off",B2:G2,0)),"Off",IF(COUNTIF(B2:G2,"=")=0,"Completed",IF(A2<TODAY(),"Delay in Task Monitoring",IF(A2=TODAY(),IF(COUNTIF(B2:D2,"<>")+COUNTIF(F2:G2,"<>")=0,"Not Completed","In Progress"),IF(COUNTIF(B2:D2,"<>")+COUNTIF(F2:G2,"<>")=0,"Not Yet Due","In Progress")))))

or else

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("off",B2:G2,0)),"Off",IF(COUNTIF(B2:G2,"=")=0,"Completed",IF(A2<TODAY(),"Delay in Task Monitoring",IF(A2=TODAY(),IF(COUNTIF(B2:D2,"<>")+COUNTIF(F2:G2,"<>")=0,"Not Completed","In Progress"),"Not Yet Due"))))

Wow, it finally works, I can't describe my happy now, I really thank you, I tired you with me a lot