SOLVED

sequence of warehouse locations

Copper Contributor

Hi all, i want to creat a sequence of letter-number combination

Starting with AA01A01 until AA01A10

Then AA01B01 until AA01B10

further on until level E (AA01E10), witch is the last for rack AA , 100 combinations.

and I would to the same with racks AB01, BA01..., BA02..., BA03... and BA04...

in totally for 600 combinations.

I have started by doing it manual, ...

if somebody could help, my thanks will be great.

5 Replies

@Chrismultiair9810 You can do this without making it too complicated. It seems that the first two elements are variable (AA and 01). After that you have groups A through E with serial numbers 01 to 10. That makes 50 location codes in total. Not sure why you came to 100.

The attached workbook creates these 50 codes based on the structure described above. I used both TEXTJOIN and CONCAT. See which one works best for you.

Change the variables in the highlighted cells to generate 50 codes more. Copy/Paste Values for all options and to create your 300 (or 600) location codes. Will take max two minutes.

Hi @Chrismultiair9810 

Don't understand how you get 100 combinations/rack, I get 50. So attachment is probably not what your looking for...

Done with Power Query:

- Put the "root" of the rack in the blue table

- Right-click in the green table > Refresh

If not good please explain you get 100 combinations/rack

@Lorenzo 

Thank you very much. It was indeed fixed in 2 minutes.

It was indeed only 50 lines, the 100 lines were my fault, I had put 2 columns under each other. I was in a hurry...

Again, many thanks.

A big thank you, for the tips and tricks.
Really appreciated.
Kind Regards,
best response confirmed by Chrismultiair9810 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Chrismultiair9810 You're welcome

To help others with a similar challenge could you take a few seconds to click on Mark as response at the bottom of the solution you adopted?

Thanks & Nice EOD...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chrismultiair9810 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Chrismultiair9810 You're welcome

To help others with a similar challenge could you take a few seconds to click on Mark as response at the bottom of the solution you adopted?

Thanks & Nice EOD...

View solution in original post