Pasting/paste special from separate files onto sheets of one file on IMac--Text data

Copper Contributor

Hello all:

I'm a retiree doing an assignment for a course which involves creating a 5-column spreadsheet for analyzing foreign language text.  I have succeeded at this but am now trying to paste each of seven (7) such spreadsheets onto tabbed sheets (sheet1...sheet7) of a single file.  When I use paste or paste special, I sometimes get the identical layout and other times do not.  (And if I try to correct by resizing the files, other errors propagate).   Can anyone help me?  john = jamellman@verizon.net.  Up against a short deadline.

3 Replies

Hi @john15092 

could you please share the sample file 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer and like it to help the other members find it more.

@Faraz Shaikh Good morning--This is one of seven files; some keep the format when I paste into a new sheet.  This one does not.  I can resize but this creates a rabbit-hole of other problems.  The object is to copy and paste and have the destination sheet look like the source--width, reduction, page break aftr the 5th column.  I am up against a short deadline now. (Nov 15).  I was able to copy all seven files to tabbed sheets on a destination file but ran into memory or speed problems and was not able to keep the 87% view.  Don't know if any of this makes sense.

@john15092 I have reached the deadline for this project and have gone to concatenation, a different solution.  Thanks to all.