SOLVED

Options won't open in files on Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi,  I'm trying to hide zero values in excel spread sheet.

I've selected files>Options but when I do I get taken back to the same worksheet. Nothing is opening and I can't continue to advanced to hide the zero values.

Any advice please most welcome

Many Thanks in advance

25 Replies
I can confirm that this solution works for me too. Now when I open a file the Options is displaying again.

I just recently downloaded microsoft 365 and when I attempted to work on excel macros I found that I could not access options. I on get a sheet with the following:

Options
Regional Format SettingsChange your regional format settings for Excel for the web

@Joe_Goss 

The File menu in the online (browser) version of Excel has Regional Settings as only item.

The online version has no support for macros: you can neither create them, nor execute them.

The desktop version of Excel for Windows / Mac is included in Microsoft 365. It supports macros.

The Windows version has an extensive File > Options dialog. The Mac equivalent is Excel > Preferences.

@leobeeson That works a treat and now works when i try it with a spreadsheet open. Thank you.

Awesome.... Thanks! @leobeeson 

@leobeeson 

Thanks Leo
That was a good quick (and logical) fix...
It must be a software update glitch; I've modified spreadsheet options literally thousands of times and that's the first time that's happened...
Thanks again...