SOLVED

Newbie Looking for Help

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

I'm very new t excel, I have only used very basics of the tool but due to change in project I'm now trying to learn more advanced excel functionalities. 

I'm looking for some help. 

Scenario:

I have 2 excel files. 

1.  file contains information about an employee such as their email (name.surname@company.com), their level in the company and their on-boarding details considering only my project.  total of 198 unique rows = 198 unique employees.
  2. file contains the employees enterprise id (name.surname), their new level in the company. but also it contains 900 unique rows, or promotion information across whole region. 

what I would like to do is to only see "new" level information for only my 198 employees in 2nd file and not all of the 900 employees.  and to somehow easily update the level column in the 1st file with the "new" level information from the 2nd file. 

I hope I was able to explain the issue. :) 

thank you for your help.

BR,

Kris

1 Reply
best response confirmed by TapZxK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TapZxK Consider dropping the file in here with header only so we can help you.

Nevertheless, I attached a file which I hope to help you.

Basically yellow highlighted header = new column I added. Status shows the status of the employee. By putting "New", you are able to write a formula in "Updated Level" which will be a vlookup from the 2nd file (in this case, 2nd tab).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TapZxK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TapZxK Consider dropping the file in here with header only so we can help you.

Nevertheless, I attached a file which I hope to help you.

Basically yellow highlighted header = new column I added. Status shows the status of the employee. By putting "New", you are able to write a formula in "Updated Level" which will be a vlookup from the 2nd file (in this case, 2nd tab).

View solution in original post