Need a chart to display this

Copper Contributor

I know this is simple, but it is not coming out correct.

In an 8 hour day, email accounts for 40% of the day. Of the 40%, 1/4 of that time is wasted time. 

How can I create a chart displaying this?

1 Reply

@RAC1978 

In an 8 hour day, email accounts for 40% of the day. Of the 40%, 1/4 of that time is wasted time. 

How can I create a chart displaying this?

I know this is simple, but it is not coming out correct.

I put your first statement last here in my quote, since it makes it sound as if you've made some attempts at answering your own question. Might I suggest therefore that you post a copy of what you've done, ideally the actual spreadsheet (put it on OneDrive or GoogleDrive with a link here that grants access) rather than just an image. 

Excel is actually remarkably good at suggesting what style of graph (along with an alternative or two) best fits the data. So maybe it's all a matter of a good arrangement of whatever data you're trying to depict. Do you begin with a 24 hour day, for example, out of which 1/4 of 40% of 8 hours is the thing to highlight?

You say "It's not coming out correct," which implies you have an image in your mind of what "correct" would look like, how you want to make your point. Can you sketch that "correct" with pencil and paper?