SOLVED

Issues with Excel dates and sheets

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I'm having two problems with the web version of excel that I haven't been able to find an answer to.

Problem 1: No matter what I do, when I drag the dates down to autofill days, only the years change.

So I want it to go 01/01/2022, 02/01/2022... but it goes 01/01/2022, 01/01/2023 instead.

I do not get the option to fill in with days at the bottom right of the cells. 

The same problem occurs on Excel 2016 on my desktop too. 

Problem 2: Say I have 150 sheets in the excel document. In the old version of excel, when I clicked the arrow on the bottom left, a search panel would pop up and I could find my specific sheet. However, I can't do this on the Web or Excel 2016.

I appreciate any help I can get. 

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by sulekipel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@sulekipel 

1) It fills correctly in my case

image.png

Perhaps you have another regional settings, are you sure the entered 01/01/2022 is the date in your case, not text?

2) To my knowledge is not implemented.

@Sergei Baklan 

I'm sure that it is the date but am attaching screenshots just in case I'm missing something. I tried both US and UK regional settings also. 

Thanks for your response on the second question too.Screenshot (1028).pngScreenshot (1027).pngScreenshot (1026).png

@sulekipel 

I believe you have texts, not dates - values in column E are left aligned. You may check if enter in F15 (or so) formula =ISTEXT(E15).

Applying date format to the cell doesn't convert text to date (which is actually number), yo need to reenter it in your regional format or convert by formula, or by Text to Columns.

@Sergei Baklan 

Hello again :) I see that they were texts and I converted them with the text to columns in the data section and it worked.

Thank you so much for your help!

@sulekipel , you are welcome, glad to help

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sulekipel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@sulekipel 

1) It fills correctly in my case

image.png

Perhaps you have another regional settings, are you sure the entered 01/01/2022 is the date in your case, not text?

2) To my knowledge is not implemented.

View solution in original post