How to calculate accurate overtime.

Copper Contributor

Hello, I dont know how to explain my problem, but I hope there would be any solution for this. I am working on a overtime schedule, but it is inaccurate on TOTAL (N), TOTAL (O) and on DEDUCTED (P) columns. The calculation on DEDUCTED column should accurate after deduction from N and O. Here I put the document and you can take a look on the formulas Ive been used and suggest better solution. Please refer formulas on those 3 columns. You may suggest accurate formulas for this matter.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qthEayBqGiipdq2xMKbIdVAnROxFacbk/edit#gid=253312993 

7 Replies

@FatihaYahya93 

I get "Access Denied". You need to share the workbook.

ive changed the settings, can you view it? if possible, can you change the time check out to 11:00 am or earlier than that? you will see the inaccuracy i meant..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qthEayBqGiipdq2xMKbIdVAnROxFacbk/edit#gid=253312993

@FatihaYahya93 

Thanks. I understand column N, but not columns O and P.

Can you explain what you want to calculate in column O and in column P?

column N = deduction from check in and start break.

column O = deduction from end break and check out.
column P = total of N and O (this is because i need to subtract the break time, cannot use basic formula as i need to set overtime 24 hours).

Actually, i found out the formula is accurate if i check in on 8:30 am and check out on 3:00 pm and upwards, however, the calculation will be false if i check out 12:00 pm and downwards. Would love to know the exact way to make everything correct.

@FatihaYahya93 

Does the attached version work for you?

Thanks for trying to help me. I checked out, it doesnt work. Im sorry, but my problem is actually the calculation inaccurate if I put CHECK OUT 12:00 pm and downwards, but after 2:00 pm and above, the calculation is correct. If I CHECK OUT on 12:00 pm, the hour calculation will be 2 hours 30 minutes, but the actual calculation is 3 hours and 30 minutes. 1 hour deducted, but actually it cannot be deducted.

@FatihaYahya93 

Can you explain what is wrong here?

S2233.png