SOLVED

How do I pull data from one sheet to another altering that data based on certain criteria?

Copper Contributor

@NikolinoDE@durendal 

Hey guys do you or anyone know if this is possible to do?

Screenshot (3519).png

According to Column C “type of trade” related to Column E “Profits/Loss” of the same sheet, whether the dollar amount was positive or negative, can it be recorded in a different sheet as Win or loss? Win meaning it was a positive profit, Loss was negative.

*Not recording the dollar amount but recording if it was a Positive or negative “Win or Loss” In 2 separate columns of another sheet. Columns C and D.

For Ex: Sheet 1 Column C, the “type of trade” was “OTC MDBO.” Column E the “Profit/Loss” column is $400 so that would be recorded as 1 in Sheet 2 Column C the “win” column.

If column C of sheet 1 “type of trade” was “OTC MDBO” -$100 in Column E "Profit/Loss" that would be recorded as 1 in Column D Sheet 2 “loss column”

If there were multiple "type of trades" on 1 sheet, for ex: "OTC MDBO" 12 out of 2 were wins. I'm looking for a way to transform the profit or loss information to wins and losses. on a different sheet. 

Basically, pulling the number of times that “Type of Trade” was logged from Sheet 1 Column C, Differentiating the positive or negative dollar amount in the same sheet column E, recording them as a win or a loss in 2 separate columns of another sheet. Column C for wins, Column D for losses. 

Sheet 1 is called- Trade LOGS

Sheet 2 is called- Trade Tracking

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Jeff_Good2010 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Please attach/share the sample file.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkU-ui2Go4iMqGuFblXanBlVdelu  

@Harun24HR Let me know if this works< first time sharing 

@Harun24HR Thank You Soooo Much!!!! The formula you made is PERFECT!! So freaking Happy! Been stuck on this for a longg time. Thanks again

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jeff_Good2010 (Copper Contributor)