Help with a Formula or Condition

Copper Contributor

Good Day,

I have a two part question about formulas or conditions within an excel sheet I am working on.  I have to track and calculate on a daily and monthly basis where/status people are and how many people are fitting within each category. i.e. (PDY, Appt, Unit) On the spreadsheet I have made two different tables outlining each category.  One table is for the month totals that will continue to calculate as each day is going by. (I have this formula already complete in the document).  Question 1 help finding the formula that will automatically calculate the categories  on a daily basis within the "Daily" table and reset only the "Daily" table each day to correspond with the current date. i.e. we would be working on fill in the status of the 16th for everyone.  At midnight each night the "Daily" table resets to zero awaiting for me to come in the next morning to input everyone's status for the day. 

Question 2 I need to be able to accurately account for the different rank of each person assigned within the MTOE table.  Within the sheet right not I am able to account for each rank but not those that have a (P) in their rank. I need a formula that will allow me to capture those person with (P) into their catorgies of in the MTOE table. i.e. cell E26:27  one is a SPC the other SPC (P), within the MTOE table they both would fit in the E-4&Bel column for assigned L5 of MTOE.  This does all need to auto count. 

The only thing I wont to be able to do is come in each morning and under the current date click the category status of each person and have the spreadsheet do all the math instantly. 

0 Replies