Football Pool

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have been doing a 33 pool for football every year and I am wondering if there is a easier way to do it.

I have the weeks in columns and teams in rows.  All the teams must be used each week but every row will only have 18 teams.  Is there a way to do this automatically instead of manual?  I always end up with duplicates somehow.

9 Replies

@GabeToth Not sure, but I think this is similar to something that came up a while ago where a user asked for automating football fixtures. Have a look and see if it works for you.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/football-fixture-list-generator/m-p/2489466#M104804 

@Riny_van_Eekelen If you look at my spreadsheet - I want it to stay how it is but I just want to enter all the teams in week 1 and bye weeks then let excel put them in the rest of the spots without duplicating in a row and column. Is that possible?

@GabeToth Not sure I follow. What's the logic of having blanks in some cells and what's the meaning of the yellow cells?

@Riny_van_Eekelen below the spread sheet are the teams that are missing from the columns. The yellow are the teams that have a be that week. Instead of me putting the missing teams in and realizing there are duplicates I was hoping there is a formula I could use with column D which has all the teams and then dispurse them across 18 weeks without duplicating them in each row/column

@GabeToth Not sure I understand what you want, but perhaps the attached file helps.

@Riny_van_Eekelen that looks great but I need the bye teams (yellow) to be how I have them as and still maintain no duplicates so for example in Week 5 I need ATL, NO, NYJ, SF to be there

@GabeToth Sorry, but what's the logic for having the "yellow" teams exactly where you want them?

@Riny_van_Eekelen those are the teams that have a bye that week and whoever has that team/spot that week doesn't get a chance at winning money - the bye teams can be in any order but have to be in the yellow spots. So if your name is on the top then you have AZ week one and ATL week 2 and so on. If your team that week finishes the game with a score of 33 you win the pot. Every player has a bye week so you would have a bye on week 5 and not have a chance at winning - make sense?

@GabeToth Not really. Sorry!