SOLVED

Filter Reapply Shortcut

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am new to Excel and am looking for a way to Reapply filters on Excel on my Mac with a keyboard shortcut. I know how to use the menu however I need a quicker solution as I use this to rapidly move through records in a check-in process.

I have search

5 Replies

@Ross1953 In My English Excel for Windows it is alt+a, y. Perhaps it is similar for Mac? There should be a key like command you can press and then the short-cut characters for the ribbon should appear.

@Ross1953 

Are you aware of the FILTER function? Could it come in handy? (Does require Excel 2021 or subscription to Microsoft 365; does work on Macs)

It's hard to say at a distance because you haven't fully described the nature of those check-in records, and what you're using FILTER them. Is it possible for you to post a mock-up or facsimile (no real names) so we could take a look at your actual layout? Post it on OneDrive or GoogleDrive with a pin here that grants access.

best response confirmed by Ross1953 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for the replies.

I am using Excel 365, I have a spreadsheet with 460 user records, I have a data entry box above the main table and input the name I want to find and use OR filter in a column in the table to find the Member No. or Name I entered which returns TRUE or FALSE for each record, which I then filter to show "True". I need to filter in the main table as I enter data to complete the checkin. However, when I enter the next name or Membership number the column values change  it does not change the record until I reapply the filter.

I am looking for a quick method to do the refresh so I don't hold up people in the check-in queue.

Thank you for replying. Mac's don't have an alt key, I tried to find the key combination but can't find anything on the internet.
Looks like what I was talking about does not exist on a Mac: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-ribbon-shortcut-in-mac/ac572c7c-6b31-4a...
Perhaps you should try placing the Reapply filter button on your Quick Access toolbar?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ross1953 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for the replies.

I am using Excel 365, I have a spreadsheet with 460 user records, I have a data entry box above the main table and input the name I want to find and use OR filter in a column in the table to find the Member No. or Name I entered which returns TRUE or FALSE for each record, which I then filter to show "True". I need to filter in the main table as I enter data to complete the checkin. However, when I enter the next name or Membership number the column values change  it does not change the record until I reapply the filter.

I am looking for a quick method to do the refresh so I don't hold up people in the check-in queue.

View solution in original post