Excel Query - Can I restrict shared users from seeing multiple sheet views?

Copper Contributor

I have just discovered sheet views.  I have a central excel document that I need to share with users across 8 different agencies.  I plan to create a sheet view to show each user their specific content.  However, it appears that they would still be able to select a different sheet view if they chose to do so.

Is there a way I can lock that down so they only see the specific sheet view?   eg: Fred should only see the sheet view for Flintstones, not Default and Simpsons as well.  Likewise, Marge should only see the Simpsons sheet view, not the Default or Flintstones options.

My current approach of breaking down the document into many smaller copies is not sustainable as I need all the information to come together again in one sheet.

1 Reply
Is there a way I can lock that down so they only see the specific sheet view?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-and-manage-sheet-views-in-excel-0eea3dc5-d7d1-44c5...

Is a Sheet View private, and only for me? No, other people who share the workbook can see views you create if they go to the View tab and look at the Sheet View menu in the Sheet Views group.