SOLVED

Automate excel to copy a range from one sheet to another

Brass Contributor

Dear all,

I'm looking for a solution to copy and paste some cells from a sheet to another using VBA as there are many cells to copy this cannot be done manually and need some help. Attaching the excel file where i need help to get that done.

Regards,

Aditya

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Aditya Jadhav (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Aditya Jadhav

I would use a Pivot Table as first option 

see attached file

Dear @Wyn Hopkins,

Thank you for the solution but still i would like to know the process of automating it using VBA. Pivot table has helped me save my time hugely but to be frank i need to learn VBA too. So please help me with it.

Regards,

Aditya

Hi
The VBA code would be quite time consuming and relatively complex to write / teach. My advice with VBA is to try and get yourself on a course if at all possible and learn the core concepts and rules for writing good VBA. It sometimes can be too easy to just use the Macro recorder and then leave your code with bad VBA.

How much VBA have you written in the past. Are you comfortable with declaring variables, loops, named ranges etc?

Dear @Wyn ,
First of all sorry for the delayed reply. Actually i'm very new to the VBA's section haven't written anything before on my own and now it seems that i have to join a course for doing that and many thanks for the reply and giving me a solution.

Regards,
Aditya
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aditya Jadhav (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Aditya Jadhav

I would use a Pivot Table as first option 

see attached file

View solution in original post