SOLVED

Auto Fill Middle Sequence

Brass Contributor

We are working with the following text example RAH/420-18 where RAH corresponds to the course name, 420 is the unique ID for the person and -18 is the year. I need a formula that would autofill to make it look like the following in one column:

RAH/420-18

RAH/421-18

RAH/422-18

RAH/423-18

RAH/424-18

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Jamil Mohammad (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

Simply put this formula in somewhere lets say in A1 and drag down it will create your needed strings in sequence.  please see the file which I attached.  Please note that the last two digits are from dynamic year. meaning if you check this formula next year it will be 19 for 2019

if you want to change to static year then replace the below formula to ="RAH/"&(419+ROWS($A$1:A1)&"-18")

="RAH/"&(419+ROWS($A$1:A1)&"-"&TEXT(TODAY(),"YY"))

Thank you Jamil, this worked perfectly!

You are welcome.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jamil Mohammad (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

Simply put this formula in somewhere lets say in A1 and drag down it will create your needed strings in sequence.  please see the file which I attached.  Please note that the last two digits are from dynamic year. meaning if you check this formula next year it will be 19 for 2019

if you want to change to static year then replace the below formula to ="RAH/"&(419+ROWS($A$1:A1)&"-18")

="RAH/"&(419+ROWS($A$1:A1)&"-"&TEXT(TODAY(),"YY"))

View solution in original post