SOLVED

Advanced Threat Protection - Safe Links

Copper Contributor

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I maintain for our religious organization. It is full of hundreds if not thousands of hyperlinks. Recently I started receiving this popup notice that reads as follows:

Advanced Threat Protection - Safe Links

Verification of this link failed due to an error. 

All the Hyperlinks in this spreadsheet have been put in here by me and this pop up warning is a nuisance. It doesn't tell me what the error is this really slows down my productivity on keeping the spreadsheet up to date. Is there anyway to disable this this Pop-up or turn this feature off all together?

ATP - Safe Links.png

22 Replies
Not sure if this will fix it for everyone, but has anyone looked at or tried turning it off in powershell?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/disable-safelinksrule?view=exchange-ps

@DCroomThis CmdLet is only available in Exchange environment. Private Users don´t benefit from that

@Ollyhal What I found that fixed this issue relatively easy is to uninstall Excel and reinstall the program. Problem was solved as soon as I had Excel up and running again. I assume that this issue was some kind of glitch, which Excel has many, in the Security Protocol portion of the program. I have not had an issue since I have done this over a year ago.