STATUS_BREAKPOINT Edge and Chrome

Copper Contributor

We have about 25 customers reporting our website crashing on Chrome and Edge when embedded videos are loaded. Some seem to load OK and others cause STATUS_BREAKPOINT error. The videos are encoded H264 in an MP4 container.

All affected customers started getting this error in the last week. I have limited information about the affected computers as most are locked down with no remote access (corporate network). The few computers I have been able to access are running Windows 10 21H2. All computers are running latest version of Chrome and Edge. 

EDIT: Interestingly enough, if you open video URL in new tab and everything is fine. Only crashes when it's embedded.

Plex Media server users are reporting the same issue occurring in the last 2 weeks. 

1 Reply

@caleb_rocca Hi!  I think with just this amount of information it would be hard for the team to investigate.  Can the computers that are reproducing the issue submit diagnostic data through the browser? ("..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback)  

Another option would be to reach out to support, https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc/en-us  They should be able to gather the necessary logs or information like from edge://crashes/ to investigate.  Thanks! 

-Kelly