SOLVED

Edge New Tab Location Recommended Policy Delivery Date

Iron Contributor

I'm using Edge stable 107. I'd like to be able to set a recommended value for the new tab page location but as per here even if set in the recommended policy section it acts like a mandatory policy. Is there a date to deliver the recommended policy capability? 

Quote from link:

The recommended version of this policy does not currently work and functions exactly like the mandatory version.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by shocko (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@shocko Hello!  Unfortunately, I do not think there is an ETA for the recommended version of the policy.  Currently there is no way for a user to set their own New Tab Page location which is why the policy works the same way when set to recommended and mandatory.  One workaround is using a New Tab Page extension from the Microsoft Edge Add-ons site.  

If you haven't had a chance yet, you also submit feature requests to the team through the browser. ("..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback),  Thanks! 

-Kelly

I have submitted my feedback in the manner you have suggested,
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by shocko (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@shocko Hello!  Unfortunately, I do not think there is an ETA for the recommended version of the policy.  Currently there is no way for a user to set their own New Tab Page location which is why the policy works the same way when set to recommended and mandatory.  One workaround is using a New Tab Page extension from the Microsoft Edge Add-ons site.  

If you haven't had a chance yet, you also submit feature requests to the team through the browser. ("..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback),  Thanks! 

-Kelly

View solution in original post