The top 10 reasons to switch to the new Microsoft Edge at work

Iron Contributor

Are you using Microsoft 365 at work? Well, I strongly suggest transitioning to Edge. It is also one of the easiest steps to prepare yourself for Microsoft Copilot, as it will be just a click away!  Below, are the top 10 reasons why you should make the switch today within your company!

1. Direct access to Copilot for Microsoft 365 in Edge.
  2. Professional work feed at the bottom of every new tab.
  3. Put inactive tabs to sleep after a specified amount of time.
  4. Immersive Reader enables everyone to benefit from the web faster.
  5. Create a QR code for this page.
  6. Microsoft Edge is not Internet Explorer!
  7. Right click open on the sidebar.
  8. Send link to your device supported by Microsoft Intune.
  9. Built on Chromium as Google’s browser, allowing you to install many Chrome extensions.
  10. Using Edge at work allows you to reserve Google Chrome for personal use at home.

If you are not fully integrated into Microsoft products, there are plenty of excellent browsers available for both work and home, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds. Check out the browser market share statistics here: https://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share.

1. Google Chrome (average market share : 65%)
  2. Apple Safari (average market share : 18.55%)
  3. Mozilla Firefox (average market share : 2.8%)
  4. Opera (average market share : 2.53%)
  5. Brave Software

Feel free to jump into the conversation below.

Dimitri LinkedIn | Medium | X | Microsoft | Web
1 Reply

@Dimitri_Pletschette Hi.

I don't understand why you provided statistics for other browsers – what was their relationship to Microsoft?

I strongly recommend training to help you properly implement the Edge browser. What's your take on this?

Deploy and configure Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Search for all your devices - Training | Microsoft...