Edge Dev - strange Video playing issue

Brass Contributor

I get the new builds as soon as they're released and I'm currently using 77.0.230.2 on Windows 10. Starting with this build when it came out a few days ago:

Videos on Reddit and other sites including Facebook Stories don't play unless I'm constantly scrolling up/down (two finger scroll on touchpad of SurfaceBook 1). If I stop, the video stops. The audio will still work sometimes, but the video doesn't. However, sometimes it works a little bit. For instance, when playing a FB Story, let's say it has 4 clips. After the first clip, about 15% of the left side of the video will freeze. After the 2nd clip, another 10% (now 25% total) will freeze, and so on, until the video ends. This happens a little bit on Reddit. It either displays this way or doesn't display at all and plays audio only.

I've attached a still of the most recent video with the URL here: https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/cm3avm/fun_field_trip/

20 Replies

@SCook1280 -Forget the shirt... I'll 'settle' for a friggin job. I've been a "Microsoft fanboy" since 1996. I've never ran another O/S and only within the last few years have I tried Chrome because IE was going downhill. I was a fan of IE 5.5 and 6 even though many ridiculed it an hated it. Even from an antivirus standpoint, I've always used Microsoft Security Essentials and Defender rather than others.

Oh, and I need a new job. lol