Dev Channel update to 111.0.1661.27 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 111.0.1661.27 to the Dev channel for Windows and Mac users. This is a small update with no major changes to report while we are working on getting Dev back on its regular release schedule. We have some blogs and a YouTube video since the last Dev Channel update post.

Adobe and Microsoft Bring Industry-Leading Acrobat PDF Experience to 1.4 Billion Windows Users throu...

Microsoft Edge and Adobe partner to improve the PDF experience

2022 Lookbook Article

Extensions Badging on the Edge Add-Ons Store

Microsoft Edge | What's New in DevTools 110

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

35 Replies
exactly, you said it!

@Eric_E I appreciate the new round edges update that you have implemented in the latest version of the software. I also like that you have moved the profile button to the left top side, which makes it more accessible and convenient. However, I have some feedback regarding the round edges design. I think that it should be applied only to the toolbar and not to the entire window. The reason is that having round edges on all sides reduces the size of the screen and makes it look less appealing. I would prefer to have sharp edges on the sides and bottom of the window, so that I can make full use of the screen space and enjoy a cleaner look. Therefore, I kindly request you to keep the round edges only to the toolbar and remove them from the rest of the window. Thank you for your consideration. 
Also I cannot find the split screen option in devs but its in beta, so are you guys removing it or something? its a really good feature, so I suggest to keep it.
New Tab and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge Dev 04-Mar-23 9_57_29 AM.png

Same thing. It would be nice to have the option to place it somewhere@richardr1126 

yes, they do want feedback, but not people crying about bugs and things when they have already been warned such issues will be faced while using Edge dev. or other channels

Surely reporting bugs is kind of an integral part of providing feedback about a WIP product? If we didn't care, we wouldn't bother. @Captaindead159 

@Eric_E dont bring that adobe pdf to microsoft edge

it will push people to google chrome and mozila firefox

@tndorg because i dont want adobe engine 

Adobe is known for being greedy and charging high amount of money simply for their plans and dont even sell any product without a monthly or yearly subscription plans

By implementing adobe engine, Microsoft edge pdf will look like another adobe viewer instead of a proper browser

The current Microsoft edge pdf is far better and is free and cool

I dont see any reason to add pdf stuff in Microsoft edge at alll

Also i dont want to see that adobe trademark in Microsoft edge pdf 

Does other browsers have another company trademark in them?

Of course no then why import adobe stuff in Microsoft edge when adobe is just trying to do business

Integrate the so called adobe engine with Microsoft edge business or something else

Dont ruin Microsoft edge for normal users

I am not going to pay anything to adobe to use pdf and i dont want the adobe or any trademark as well

@Eric_E 

I really hope that Microsoft intends for the new UI frame and round-corner stuff on everything to be completely optional. The "rounded tabs" feature is highly distracting, makes the active tab appear disconnected from the actual tab content, and just looks bad, while the frame around the page content takes away from valuable screen real estate while otherwise contributing nothing. We've gotten so used to the edge-to-edge (heh) windows in win10+, and now putting that gigantic border around the window feels like we've stepped back into the vista era, except even worse because of just how thick the border is. It invokes a sense of UI claustrophobia.

Is this at all related to the current build's feature set? Not really, outside of all the related flags being broken. But it's something that Microsoft need to keep hearing, otherwise they'll just continue on their current apparent trajectory and ignore the feedback as usual.

I really do enjoy the rounded corners and the new modern design of Edge browser.
十分令人遗憾的是,正式版已经升级到了111.0.1661.41,与最新的DEV版本一致了,令人厌恶的“发现”按钮也来到了正式版本中,也是同样无法通过设置来关闭。实在是不能理解开发团队的做法。

@Eric_E Unfortunately, it seems the Bing Discover button has been added to Stable without an option to disable it in Settings. While I personally appreciate and use this feature, many users have expressed their discontent with the inability to remove it, as they have no use for Bing Discover and find it annoying. To address the multitude of similar feedback, please develop a toggle in Settings that allows users to remove the button from the taskbar. This will honour the wishes of the numerous users who have shared the same sentiment, and prevent them from feeling ignored. 

I wanted to give you an update that the visibility setting for the Discover Bing icon is now available in Edge Canary. This feature will be rolled out to other Insider builds and Stable versions in the near future!

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding!

Hi,@Eric_E 

" This feature will be rolled out to other Insider builds and Stable versions in the near future!"

Since this is an optional feature - it needs an explanation why it has already made it to the public version of Edge - as a direct software update?

Users shouldn't be surprised by the Edge team – because they work and have computers that aren't playable for!

When will there be an improvement in this regard?

you took the word right out of my mouth! thumb up! The pdf right now of edge is optimal, no need to include anything, besides Edge is a browser, not a dedicated PDF editor, we got other program for that already.
These rouned corners influence the window.innerWidth and therefor transform, scale operations. When it's there by default users will experience unexpected UI changes.
Please turn it of by default.