Dev Channel update to 111.0.1661.27 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 111.0.1661.27 to the Dev channel for Windows and Mac users. This is a small update with no major changes to report while we are working on getting Dev back on its regular release schedule. We have some blogs and a YouTube video since the last Dev Channel update post.

Adobe and Microsoft Bring Industry-Leading Acrobat PDF Experience to 1.4 Billion Windows Users throu...

Microsoft Edge and Adobe partner to improve the PDF experience

2022 Lookbook Article

Extensions Badging on the Edge Add-Ons Store

Microsoft Edge | What's New in DevTools 110

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

35 Replies

@Eric_E All I've seen this update so far is that the flag that got rid of the rounded corners is now broken. Not even been updated for 1 minute and we're already off to a bad start. Not to mention I've already found about 5 other bugs this week. I know this is a dev build and features are WIP, but please listen to feedback and just remove stuff like this from the browser.Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 23.13.17.png

ditto. edge://flags#edge-rounded-containers is disabled but it's still showing the ugly rounded corners around the website and adding significant amount of bezel around it.

@Eric_E Bing chat button does not appear in the toolbar anymore. It was still there until I updated today. I can still access it by using the sidebar, but it would be nice to have it fixed. Is this a known issue or something new? Thanks for your hard work and support.

richardr1126_0-1677822456798.png

Let us disable rounded corners and Bing button. Otherwise there will be no point in using Edge and I will have to go back to Chrome :(

Ugly rounded corners are back even though they are disabled in flags; why just why cant MS leave the design alone, this browser WAS so clean and beautiful however, it is just getting bloated & more bloated with useless features if thats what you call features; I have already started to install other browsers to start migration; can't stand Edge anymore

Please just go back few revisions in design or give the option to your users to disable these silly gimicky features of rounded tabs & corners etc; i dont want them

Honestly, I don't really mind the rounded corners. Yes it takes some screen real estate and we should be able to disable it. But I dig it. It's refreshing to see Microsoft trying something new and I like it for a change.

@Eric_E Is it a known issue that the Bing Chat icon is not in the toolbar anymore? Seems like the "Discover" button as in the stable build appeared again. 

So now I need always 2 clicks to activate Bing Chat, including every time I close the Discover pane in the sidebar. 

douglascamata_0-1677843798855.png

Fix the flag or give an option to remove the ugly "rounded corners" of the Web Pages.
Complete wastage of space and full of other bugs. Fix this fast.

@Eric_E Bing-AI button seems to be gone after the update. Well... Kind of... I can still access it using the sidebar. But I liked the convenient Bing button! Leaving some screenshots below ;)

AntunesMatheus_0-1677845956344.png

AntunesMatheus_1-1677845984733.pngAntunesMatheus_2-1677846039005.png

Yeah this seems to only be a problem on Windows, can't replicate on a Mac FYI

Edit: It's started appearing on Mac now, about 4 hours later.

Bing chat button disappears in my m1 mac edge dev, is there a bug? I like the bing chat button
I am having the issue on macOS.

@Eric_E Please bring back the Bing button!

Thank you everyone for reporting that the edge://flags#edge-rounded-containers flag is not working. The engineering team is currently working on resolving the issue.
why forcing new design. now flag is not working and i am stuck with useless rounded corner page. i want old style back. or atleast add option to switch between old and new style.. and for gods sake, add option to remove big fat unnecessary distracting bing "B" icon from toolbar. Thank you

@richardr1126 I'm unable to reproduce this problem.  For anyone that sees this, I recommend sending feedback from the browser with diagnostic data for our engineering team to investigate. 

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Go to Help and feedback.
  3. Click on Send feedback.
  4. In the Describe what's happening box, type Missing Bing button in Dev.
  5. Include your email address and make sure Allow (recommended) is selected for Send diagnostic data to Microsoft.
  6. Once completed, click on Send.
Seems like a lot of people are having the issue
It's a DEV version, Bugs could be present in this version and come with some versions ! You have a big disclaimer talking about that when dowloading and installing this version, and same thing with the Beta and Canary versions.
And they don't force anyone to endure the new design or Bing button... If you don't want them, WHY are you here on the DEV version ? lol !
Go to the Stable version, you'll get all what you want without being frustrated. Or another browser if you really dislike what they're trying to do.
Thank you for your message, anyway.

@Geekness_

so you're saying they don't want feedback in their dev/test builds to avoid releasing these issues to stable and get even more of the same comments there instead. got it.