SOLVED

Bug in Importing Firefox History & Passwords !

Iron Contributor

Please let us have the option to import everything from Firefox! History & Passwords ! Not just the bookmarks!
I've been using Firefox since 2004 and this is the first time that I'll completely ditch it for Edge Chromium ! That's how GOOD is the new Edge ! So I must move all my data to Edge !
I cannot move to Edge without my history and passwords! You have no idea how much I count on them on my work & my personal stuff!
I've checked most Chromium browsers and they all doesn't have the option to move anything from Firefox except the bookmarks!! Which is very ridiculous!! Specially because you can move EVERYTHING from Chromium to Firefox !!
However I found out that Vivaldi actually can import the history and the passwords of Firefox !! Which means "It's NOT impossible" for Chromium browsers !!
And since this "Edge" is Microsoft's main browser and one of the top and best and will be even a lot better when it releases it's first stable version THEN you MUST include the same option !! And very very soon too! Since millions are using Firefox and may move to Edge! Pleaseeeee!
This will also be one of the main best pros in Edge compared to Chrome !! Which means people can move from Firefox to Edge A LOT easier than moving to Chrome!
I really want to use Edge Chromium as my main browser and I can't do it without my history and passwords (And the hundreds of bookmarks I have of course) from my Firefox!
This is maybe the only thing I want you guys to do in Edge !

40 Replies
Just had the same issue.
In my case, was due to using the Windows Store version of Firefox, which stores profiles in a different location than the typical standalone install.
This helped: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/qydvym/psa_windows_store_ver_preventing_accidental/
So, this particular issue at least does in fact lie with Edge -- it does NOT look under "%localappdata%\Packages\Mozilla.Firefox_n80bbvh6b1yt2\LocalCache\" for profile data, at least as of current latest stable version of 121.0.2277.128.
After manually copying profiles to standalone version paths, the import detects and works fine.
TY&/YW.