Cant log in with personal account

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

So whenever I try to log in to Azure using my personal Microsoft account it redirects me to my old company page and refuses to log me in. How can I resolve that as that is my personal account and not a work account?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

Hi @AshtonLe,

Here are some steps to help resolve the issue:

1. Use Tenant ID for Login:
    try logging into the Azure portal by appending the tenant ID after portal.azure.com. This should direct you to the correct directory.

2. Switch Directory:
    after entering the correct directory, click on your account in the top right corner. Choose "Switch directory" and navigate to "Appearance + startup views" on the left side of the page.

portal.azure.com redirects me to former client's portal and cannot login nor change this - Microsoft...

3. Set Startup Directory:
    Scroll down to find "Startup directory." Click on "Select directory" and set the value to the desired tenant, ensuring you land in the correct directory upon each login.

Issue with Azure redirect to wrong organization. - Microsoft Q&A

4. Edge Browser Settings: If you're using the Edge browser, access the settings of the work profile version. Navigate to Profiles -> Profile preferences and eliminate the Azure portal redirect under "Profile preferences for sites".

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@AshtonLe 

How about InPrivate mode?