Azure Logic App - FTP management

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I am building a logic app with the FTP connector to do the following:

- Monitor for new files 

- Move files to vendor folder depending on Prefix/suffix (done with a condition)

- If file exists, get content of file and add it to existing file (Done)

- Delete new file (done)

Now, I need to do this for 300 vendors.  I wonder if there is a simpler way to map the prefix and vendor folder without having to create a bunch of code 300 times.

What would be the best approach?  I have limited skills in coding and would appreciate the help.

Hopefully this can be done. 

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
With Azure Logic Apps and the FTP connector, you can create automated tasks and workflows that create, monitor, send, and receive files through your account on an FTP server, along with other actions, for example: Monitor when files are added or changed. Get, create, copy, update, list, and delete files

@Lewis-H thanks for the response.  I have done most of the tasks I need.  I just wonder how I can adapt it to monitor for 300 different prefixes.

Like if file starts with 0900 move to folder vendor1 and remove prefix on moved file. or if prefix is 0901 move to folder vendor2 and remove prefix, and so on...

Anyone know how I can use a table to map prefixes with folders and use those to move my files around?