Host pool and User session

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I have 3 Machines in hosts pool and 3 session host and around 10 users. Whenever these users  connect and they connect to different desktop and they don't have personal data saved in that desktop.  I want all my users to connect to desktop where there old data is saved if they join again. How to achieve that. Appreciate your support. Thanks

3 Replies

Thanks @TiboV 

I have setup as pooled hostpool so looks there is no option for direct assignment.

Also for fxlogic, will  it work with or without persoanl desktop k host pool?

For personal pool host pool, can multiple user connect as well to same session host using direct assignment. Appreciate your can share more details. Thanks  

Hi,

I think you need powershell to update your hostpool for direct assignment.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/configure-host-pool-personal-desktop-assignme...

I see no reason why fslogix wouldn't work with direct assignement. They are machine settings that you apply with GPO.

"For personal pool host pool, can multiple user connect as well to same session host using direct assignment. Appreciate your can share more details"
- That is something to test and can't see any information about this in the article.
To be honest I have never used direct assignment myself.