File Explorer is slow when traversing files synced with OneDrive

Microsoft

Hello team, 

I have this customer who have this AVD deployment in production, they are managing with Nerdio and they recently move their storages to Azure NetApp. Event with this very optimized environment they are facing one specific issue with the OneDrive synced folders.

They created this video that explains the issue in details. They also opened a support ticket, but they didn't help with this issue. They are facing that for a while and they are asking for more assistance. 

If anyone could have any clue would be great!

A video demonstrating the issue can be found here: https://rivier.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=203b5b74-07d9-4ec1-8da0-b02a015a0e18 (the demonstration starts at the 2m10s mark).

Thank you!

10 Replies

@sandrocpereira 

Can further elaborate on the network setup \ component?

Does it have any issues with files when collaborating with two or more users? We also have a Onedrive issue, but with FSlogix on Azure storage. Did not notice any any delay with in the explorer, but we see files being duplicated only when other users are working together. What is remarkable is, that when we edit and save the files online, another user does this, it can take up to 30 or 40 seconds before Onedrive updates the file. Even when we see the changes comming trhough within the file
Seeing the exact same thing. Traversing files in OneDrive/SharePoint takes 5-10 seconds each click. When opening files i would say 10-20 seconds!
I have searched a lot still with no solution :( Microsoft please help out.
TLDR: OneDrive/SharePoint not working great on AVD with FSLogix

@Oliver_Krage Finally on our site it was another application. Ivanti Workspace control caused the trouble

Hi @Hans van Deursen Thank you!
The customer has Citrix Workspace installed. If i exit this it becomes faster.
Hello, we have the exact same issue in our company. Did you found a way to solve that problem? Thanks.

Hello @matmat86, unfortunately, not yet! I'm scaling this issue to Windows engineer group, because I believe that is related to Windows itself.

I had / have same issue with my customers. Need to go back to Windows 10... unfortunally I havent found any solution yet. I belive its related to Windows itself...

Hello @sandrocpereira, your video explained the issue perfectly. I hope they can fix that. If you have any further informations let me know please. Thank you.

Hi, these steps will cover general areas that could be impacting the performance or functionality of OneDrive in such a setup:
Ensure that OneDrive is up to date on all AVD instances. An outdated OneDrive client can cause sync issues.
Use the built-in OneDrive sync health dashboard in the Microsoft 365 admin center (if available for your subscription) to check for any reported issues with user sync status.
Implement OneDrive's Files On-Demand feature to reduce the bandwidth and storage requirements on each AVD instance.
Ensure that Known Folder Move (KFM) is configured correctly to redirect Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders to OneDrive. This helps in managing user files more efficiently.
Verify that all AVD session hosts are optimized for performance and are not over-provisioned with users, which could impact overall system resources and affect applications like OneDrive.
Consider implementing FSLogix profile containers if not already in use, which can improve the performance and manageability of user profiles in AVD environments.