SOLVED

ADV not displaying on selected screens

Copper Contributor

With the new update to the ADV it's not displaying on the selected screens. It's defaulting to laptop & 1 external monitor. I'm unable to move it to display only on 2 external monitors. How can this be fixed?

14 Replies

@kdonajkowski 

1) Remove Remote desktop and install it again via this link:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/users/connect-windows?tabs=subscribe#:~:text... 

2) Then follow this procedure, to get your multiple monitor setup right:

https://www.prajwaldesai.com/use-multiple-monitors-with-windows-365/#:~:text=for%20Windows%20365.-,C... 

If that doesn't work, then try it again with the new Remote desktop software called "Windows App".

Download Link:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9N1F85V9T8BN?hl=en-gb&gl=US 

And If the reply was helpful please don't forget to upvote and/or accept as answer, thank you

Removing & reinstalling Remote desktop did not work. I'm unable to download Windows App due to restrictions
I noticed this happened today to me and a colleague after the most recent update. Possible feature regression in 1.2.5105.0 (x64). This regression was immediately noticed after update.

@ryan_guiles  Similar issues showed up for me recently, presumably after an update. 

I have 3 monitors.  2 (left and middle) are 2560x1440, the 3rd is 4k.

I can get the Windows app to display full screen on all 3 monitors or 1 single monitor.  If I try to get it to display full screen on the 2 1440p monitors (left and middle), it fits horizontally, but is off the top of the screens, with a gap along the bottom.  If I try to get it to display on my primary (1440p) and 4k screen (middle and right) it maximises to the left screen, the middle screen and half of the right screen.

Left 2:

Left 2 MonitorsLeft 2 Monitors

Right 2:

Right 2 MonitorsRight 2 Monitors
It worked perfectly until recently. 

best response confirmed by kdonajkowski (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RC_IS 

We have seen this issue a few times over the last week or so. I have found a work around which fixes it for now. Ensure all monitors are set to 100% scaling and then disable the 'fit session to window" option in the Azure Virtual Desktop App

Joel_Collie710_0-1705272396333.png

This should fix it up for now until Microsoft release a fix, likely an update that caused this.

Same. I have 4 monitors, working perfectly until I updated my Remote Desktop from v1.2.5018 to v1.2.5105.
If I chose to display on bottom 2 monitors, it would show on top 2.
If I chose to display on right 2 monitors, it would show on left 2.
Top right monitor didn't line up properly either, could still see underlying background PC wallpaper, so it wasn't filling monitor.

Reverting back to version v1.2.5018 fixed problem.

@Joel_Collie710 Thanks, this somewhat works.

It isn't ideal, as a 27" 4K monitor is hard to use at 100% scaling.

Also, it only works if I launch the sessions on the 2 monitors (as shown in your screenshot).  previously, I could check the "maximize to current displays" option, drag the window across whichever 2 monitors I wanted and then maximise and it would work.  This still doesn't work, even on 100% scaling.

Update, uninstalled current version and reverted to version 1.2.4763.0 and multiple displays started working again.

@RC_IS 

I agree, it is definitely not ideal. Another reply has mentioned uninstalling the recent update and reverting to 1.2.4763.0. If possible you can try this, however if the device is domain joined and updates are controlled via the organisation this may not work.

This fixed my issue. Thank you!!!

@samy_vanderspikken Thank you for the info. Do you know if MS will fix this issue, or should we revert back to the previous Remote Desktop version for our users in the meantime?

@Shannon503 

To make sure that Microsoft is aware of the issue, contact them and create a support ticket. If the impact is to great then "yes" you should revert to the previous version. 

You can do so by using the link below:

Use link: http://support.office.com/home/chat

1. Type the issue and click Get Help.

2. Click Login and Contact Support at the bottom of the page.

3. Log in with your Microsoft account.

4. Under products and Services, select Microsoft 365 and Office Option.

5. Under category, select Technical Support.

6. Click "Chat with a support agent".

How would one revert the Windows App, Remote Desktop App and underlying Azure Virtual Desktop (HostApp), given that these are Windows Store apps?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kdonajkowski (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RC_IS 

We have seen this issue a few times over the last week or so. I have found a work around which fixes it for now. Ensure all monitors are set to 100% scaling and then disable the 'fit session to window" option in the Azure Virtual Desktop App

Joel_Collie710_0-1705272396333.png

This should fix it up for now until Microsoft release a fix, likely an update that caused this.

View solution in original post