Error migrating Recovery Service Vault to another subscription

Brass Contributor

I want to migrated our recovery service vault to another subscription within the same tenant. the had backups of my three VMs. the VMs are already migrated the target subscription. before migrating the VMs i disabled soft delete as per the instructions (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/move-limitations/virtual-ma...) and then moved the VMs successfully. 

when moving the recovery service vault, i ensured that all backups are stopped/disabled. but when tried moving the vault, it gave me the error:

{"code":"ResourceMoveProviderValidationFailed","message":"Resource move validation failed. Please see details. Diagnostic information:, timestamp '20200914T043807Z', subscription id <subscription_ID>', tracking id <tracking_id>, request correlation id <request correlation id>.","details":[{"code":"ResourceMoveProviderValidationFailed","target":"Microsoft.RecoveryServices/vaults","message":"\"[{\\\"code\\\":\\\"UserErrorResourceMoveUnsupportedContainersPresent\\\",\\\"message\\\":\\\"The vault, 'Recovery service vault name' in resource group, '<original resouce group name>' and subscription, '<subscription_ID>' has unsupported container(s) of type, 'VMAppContainer'. Remove the unsupported containers and try again.\\\"}]\""}]}

Any ideas? Thanks for your help in advance.

1 Reply