Moving resources from PAYG to CSP - VMAppContainer Error

Copper Contributor

I want to migrate our recovery service vault to another subscription within the same tenant. the had backups of 6 VMS and 17 SQL servers . . before migrating the VMs i disabled soft delete as per the instructions (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/move-limitations/virtual-ma...) and then moved the VMs successfully. 

when moving the recovery service vault, i ensured that all backups are stopped/disabled. but when tried moving the vault, it gave me the error:

{"code":"ResourceMoveProviderValidationFailed","message":"Resource move validation failed. Please see details. Diagnostic information:, timestamp '20200914T043807Z', subscription id <subscription_ID>', tracking id <tracking_id>, request correlation id <request correlation id>.","details":[{"code":"ResourceMoveProviderValidationFailed","target":"Microsoft.RecoveryServices/vaults","message":"\"[{\\\"code\\\":\\\"UserErrorResourceMoveUnsupportedContainersPresent\\\",\\\"message\\\":\\\"The vault, 'Recovery service vault name' in resource group, '<original resouce group name>' and subscription, '<subscription_ID>' has unsupported container(s) of type, 'VMAppContainer'. Remove the unsupported containers and try again.\\\"}]\""}]}

I did check Ms documentation but couldn't find anything related to 

I fo have 17 SQL servers which I assume is related somehow to it?

What is the VMAppContainer and how to remove it? i 

0 Replies