Unlock locked fields in MS Access

Copper Contributor

Hi Experts,

I'm new to MS access. I've a file which I need to use as an input for my development work.

I would like to know how I can edit the form in the file to update the required values.

Please find the details below.

When I open the file, the Main form shows the data as in the below screenshot.

Arunkj_0-1681105801753.png

The shortage Data and Group Branch fields seems to be locked for editing. I would like to know how I can change this hardcoded value. My requirement is to change it to a different file path in both fields.

As I mentioned, I'm a beginner in MS access. Please let me know if you need further information to resolve this matter.

7 Replies
try to bring your form in Design view and click on one of the textbox.
on Property Sheet->Data, set to:

Enabled = Yes
Locked = No

Hi @arnel_gp,

Thank you so much. It helped.

However after changing the filepath, while I try to get data, it is throwing a strange error.

The filepath in the error pop-up is preceded with a documents folder path to the filepath I have mentioned in the fields.

Is there a default database path which I need to correct to resolve this issue?

Arunkj_1-1681125689142.png

Hi Arnel, could you please help me with my follow-up query?
show the SQL statement of your query.
I'm sorry. I'm only using the MS Access file I was provided. Kindly guide me on where to find the SQL Query for my file.

Hi,

It's more likely that you have to change the code behind the button you click. To let us see what is happening:

1. open the form in design view

2. do a right mouse click on the button and in the context menu that pops up choose the very first entry "Build Event"

3. now it depends on what opens:

a) If it is a window titled "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications" then copy the VBA program code into your next message here.

b) If instead it is a window where a menu item "Macro Design" is highlighted, then post a screenshot of this macro window.

Servus
Karl

Access Bug Trackers

Access News
Access DevCon

Thank you all for your responses. It really helped me resolve my issue.
Sorry for the delay in acknowledgement