Interactive authentication to Azure SQL Database

Copper Contributor

I am using Azure SQL Database and the authentication is based on azure active directory two factor authentication. As a foreground, I would like to have an MS Access database to link to SQL database tables and share this database with the client. I have created an ODBC connection in the "Linked Table Manager" like this:

DRIVER=ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server;SERVER=myServer.database.windows.net;APP=Microsoft Office;DATABASE=myDatabase;TrustServerCertificate=Yes;

The problem is that when I'm developing forms, the authentication window repeatedly asks for authentication.

Mehr_sa123_1-1682430830974.png

How can I fix it so that I only authenticate once?

3 Replies
When you linked to the tables, did you click the option to Save the Password on the dialog?

@George Hepworth 

I don't want to save the password, I need the interactive authentication but only onetime when I open the Access database.

@Mehr_sa123 It is my understanding that Access caches credentials so they remain valid during a session. You are working with Active Directory Interactive authentication which apparently acts differently. Consult the AD documentation