MS Access 2024

Copper Contributor

I recently saw the following in the product lifecycle site saying MS Access 2021 will be retired. What's the situation here? Will there be an Access 2024 released? I'm a bit concerned as I often use access for quick data analyses and as a front end for data in SQL server.

Access 2021 - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Learn

Silverio87_0-1706722911633.png

4 Replies

Hi,

Microsoft stated a long time ago that there will be another perpetual version after Office 2021, and it is very likely that it will be this year. However, there is no official release date for Office 2024 and Access 2024 yet. This will probably happen at very short notice like the last few times.

see also:

Microsoft's Lifecycle Policy for Office/Access

How to counter rumours of Access' demise (item 5 links to the mentioned commitment)

Servus
Karl

Access Forever

Access News
Access DevCon

Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK

Thank you Karl, this is very helpful
Also keep in mind that older versions of Access do not stop working after they go out of support. Note that that post refers to "Support Dates." That only means Microsoft won't continue to release updates or enhancements to that version after that date. For better or worse, you can continue to use it as long as you have a Windows PC that will run it.
I wish that was the case, unfortunately, the company I'm at only allows software that is still maintained/updated by the vendor.