SOLVED

Format text box as italics and blue

Steel Contributor

Experts, how would I format the [txtSection] as italics and blue? 

=[Short Description] & " [" & [txtSection] & "]"

25 Replies

Yes, I think that's it. It appears that you have to apply custom formatting while the form is open in single or continuous view. I believe in design view that only controls the default, plain vanilla format.

Also, make sure you select the text to be formatted first as well. Otherwise it's just the default.

I see now. I can replicate in the form and I made a report in your db and it works. I cant get it to work on my report but I imagine i need to be a little more careful and see where I am wrong. thank you!

@Tony2021 SOmetimes it takes a bit of digging to master new things. Continued success.

Apologies but I've only just noticed this thread.
In case it is any use to you at this late stage, please see the example app attached:

Here is a screenshot:

isladogs_0-1642288763566.png

Good luck

I'll look at that, but the requirement is to take values from two different fields and concatenate them into a calculated value in the control, which means they have to come into the expression already formatted. However see that you have included the mark up with <div></div> that might be incorporated into the expression successfully.
After evaluating the use of the <div></div> markup illustrated in Colin's sample, I stand corrected. It is possible, but you have to get the syntax right!