SOLVED

Access 2019 Short-Date Format

Copper Contributor

With Access 2016, the date was mm/dd/yy. Installed Access 2019. My database now shows week-day+mm/dd/yy for Short Date. Format selection does not allow for mm/dd/yy only.

How to have Date/Time show only mm/dd/yy?

access-date.time-formats.png

3 Replies

@neil-wilson 

At least two possibilities come to mind.

First, check the Windows Regional settings on your computer to make sure they are appropriate and that this is not coming from there.

Second, it's possible that the installation of Access is not right. You could try repairing or reinstalling it.

A question: Does this problem appear in all tables in all accdbs? Or is it limited to one specific accdb?

best response confirmed by neil-wilson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@George_Hepworth

I had changed the short date in Regional settings to include the 3-digit day-of-week. This was so I could see the day-of-week on the taskbar calendar.

After changing this back to mm/dd/yy for the short-date, the Access short date was corrected. I also noticed Excel dates were incorrect (but now corrected).

I guess I shot myself in the foot :sad:. Thank you muchly for your suggestion. I would not have tied Region information to Access or Excel. But, I guess w10 is also Microsoft.

@neil-wilson I know what you mean, but due to a recent event involving the release of the new Northwind Showcase templates, regional settings are very much top of mind this week. Lucky coincidence, you might say.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by neil-wilson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@George_Hepworth

I had changed the short date in Regional settings to include the 3-digit day-of-week. This was so I could see the day-of-week on the taskbar calendar.

After changing this back to mm/dd/yy for the short-date, the Access short date was corrected. I also noticed Excel dates were incorrect (but now corrected).

I guess I shot myself in the foot :sad:. Thank you muchly for your suggestion. I would not have tied Region information to Access or Excel. But, I guess w10 is also Microsoft.

View solution in original post