SOLVED

04 - Rich text formating is stripped when exporting from Access to Excel (365 versions)

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,
In Access, data type has been set up so it can be stored with rich text but once the data is pulled up in the report and ultimately exported to an excel spreadsheet, the formatting is stripped.
Is there a way to retain this?
Thank you for your time.
Best Regards,
Donald

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DonaldCollins (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I do not think there is any way to natively export this, however if you wanted to programmatically circle through the recordset and copy each row and field to a spreadsheet, Field.Value should include the markup.

Hi Maria, 
Thank you for your suggestion as a workaround ;), "programmatically circle through the recordset and copy each row and field to a spreadsheet, Field.Value should include the markup. "  I thing they are looking at aquiring an Access resource/consultant to help them with address your suggestion here and to take a look at our other issue with the truncation (03 Access output to Excel truncates data).
Thank you for your time and help, I will mark this a answer/completed.

Best Regards,
Donald

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DonaldCollins (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I do not think there is any way to natively export this, however if you wanted to programmatically circle through the recordset and copy each row and field to a spreadsheet, Field.Value should include the markup.

View solution in original post