S4B Conversation History and Retention Tag

Brass Contributor

In my organization I have enabled server side conversation history along with saving of IM which now saves missed conversations in Skype to the Outlook mailbox under folder called conversation history.  We have a retention tag that will delete messages in this folder older than 1 day which is working as expected.  However, in Skype for Business mobile whether on iOS or Android recent conversations appear in the client that are older than what is in the conversation folder in Outlook.   It will show messages that are days and in some cases weeks old and not sure why.

Currently have a premier case opened for this but still waiting if this is a known behavior or something tied to how we have things configured.   Anyone else?

2 Replies

Any updates on this as we are experiencing the same issues and looking for a solution?

The response I was given was that mobile will behave differently than the desktop client. Mobile will pull conversation history from the server side rather than from the mailbox which is what the desktop client is doing.