Call Queue Behavior

Copper Contributor

Hi- 

I've observed that our Call Queue behavior has changed. Initially, calls that entered the call queue would ring all the users agents assigned to that call queue. It would not ring SfB on our ios devices. 

Then suddenly several weeeks ago the call queues would no longer ring the agents. We filed a support ticket and after a good deal of testing figured out that we needed to add our primary domain to the "allowed" doamins under sfb business admin center > Organization > external communications. The call queues were once again ringing the agents, except for one agent. To fix that agent, I had to go under that user's external communications and set "External Skype for Business users". That allowed that user to receive calls from the queue. 

Now, users are receiving calls on ios, which they weren't before. Finally, the call queues are ignoring "in a call" in a meeting or busy status, and pestering users in SfB meetings. 

It seems that the behavior of the call quese has changed without notification and that according to support if I want to use call queues I must allow external communication from my own domain. This sudden change left us unable to properly process calls for several days.

I can find no documentation on this behavior and support has fallen silent. Is this the correct behavior for call queues? Where can I find documentation of this correct behavior? 

(Skype for Business Online - O365, no on-premise equipment). 

0 Replies