Communication Site - Left Navigation Missing in Lists / Libraries

Copper Contributor

Something strange I noticed the other day while in one of my Test Tenants.  While using a Communication Site, the left navigation which is usually visible while viewing lists is no longer appearing.  This also included the option to "Return to Classic SharePoint" which is no longer visible (I can still get there if needed through other means).  

Were there any random updates pushed out lately that may cause this issue?  Thanks!

Expected ResultExpected Result

Current Result - MissingCurrent Result - Missing

12 Replies
Is the nav across the top at all?

The nav is not across the top.  That's expected at this point though since when switching to site content, the nav moves to the left side.  

The search box is still there (although a bit clunky looking).  I've also confirmed this issue with a few other resources within the environment.

It appears that something is going on where the CSS isn't being applied correct or some script is running as expected.  No errors in the console, but when I manually dive into the HTML to start poking around, I find the section and when I manipulate the CSS it begins to become visible again.  This is happening globally for all communication sites -->

Comm_3.PNG

You sure someone in your tenant isn't messing around with application extension or whatever they are called that apply code to all your modern sites?

Not a bad suggestion at all.  I actually went in to confirm if that's the case and it does not appear to be so.  Doing some manual CSS manipulation through Chrome, updating the absolute position of the DIVs in question puts the nav back on the screen.  The CSS is all coming from Microsoft that I can see.

Here are the values I'm changing to get it similar --->Comm_4.pngComm_5.pngComm_6.png

That's just odd. Have you filed a support ticket yet? Seems like might be a good case for one. Is it every single modern group connected site in your tenant? or just random?

Hi Jarret,

We are having the same issue on a communication site. Where you able to get it back working?

Thanks !

Alessandro Condorelli

alessandro@itfactory.be 

Same issue here as well :(

You are quite the artist!

We are also having this issue. I created a new Communication Site, built everything. Now when I create any new lists they are missing the side navigation. I cannot find anyway to add them. If I look at other lists in a different site, the navigation is there. Any fix for this or setting?

@WC_KStill 

Im having this issue too.  Just started.  Blowing up alot of my sites.

I realized why mine are like this. The way mine is built is the links are on top. So they technically are there. I guess I just need a way to get a left side navigation bar also