Application for on-boarding employees

Copper Contributor

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how I should start to build an application for on boarding employees in my organization. I am new to using SharePoint. Initially, I thought a list would be sufficient but the same tasks will be used for every new employee. So I need more of a checklist. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

2 Replies

Using a list and a workflow to create tasks for those people who need to perform an onboarding action is a good approach.  You can track who has the outstanding task and follow up if necessary.

To be clear, a custom list that receives the initial entry of who the new employee is and things they need (AD account, PC, door badge etc represented as check boxes).  When the item is saved, a workflow will fire creating the necessary tasks for the people responsible for the items checked.  This way you can track all the tasks assigned to that new person to make sure they have all been done.

One way to do it would be to create a list that contained the employees basic information. Have a People column to get them from AD and some other columns for additional data. Then create a PowerApp list form to enter the data, when the form gets saved run a Flow that send notices/emails/makes assignments etc to the various people that need to do stuff.