SOLVED

Syntax MessageTrack

Brass Contributor

Hi experts i have exchange hybrid environment, I want to pull a report 

An email from the sender xyz@mydomain.com with email subject: ABCDEDFG has been sent from 25 Aug 6:00 to 26 Aug 18:00. sender is onprem, he sent emails to onprem and office 365 users. i want to pull the report for all the users this sender has sent this email to. please help me with the syntax. will below syntax work on exchange online. what syntax do i need to execute on onprem. i am confused.

I want to know how many emails have been successfully delivered to how many users mailbox.

Get-MessageTrace -sender xyz@mydomain.com  -start "08/25/2018 06:00" -end "08/26/2018 18:00" | 
select Subject,Received,SenderAddress,RecipientAddress,MessageID,Status | Export-Csv C:\output.csv -NoTypeInformation

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hello @Rising Flight,

For exchange online I see one edit to make:

1. It is -senderaddress not just sender

Besides that it is worth noting that by default Exchange online message traces run on UTC time (London time). So make sure you adjust your time allocation accordingly. So you have 6-18, that wont be 6am to 6pm your local time, that will be 6am to 6pm UTC.

I would also say, the GUI works better than Powershell in my opinion to display this information. I think you would be able to see everything you wanted (see the users that had mail sent to them from the person and what/when it was). I normally only use powershell when my report was being wonky in the GUI, or i needed specific attributes the gui didnt show.

Adam

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hello @Rising Flight,

For exchange online I see one edit to make:

1. It is -senderaddress not just sender

Besides that it is worth noting that by default Exchange online message traces run on UTC time (London time). So make sure you adjust your time allocation accordingly. So you have 6-18, that wont be 6am to 6pm your local time, that will be 6am to 6pm UTC.

I would also say, the GUI works better than Powershell in my opinion to display this information. I think you would be able to see everything you wanted (see the users that had mail sent to them from the person and what/when it was). I normally only use powershell when my report was being wonky in the GUI, or i needed specific attributes the gui didnt show.

Adam

View solution in original post