Can you bring Group Conversations to the Home Page Sharepoint Group?

Copper Contributor

Hello Everybody.  We are having group conversations by email that are being saved in Groups and you can only see them through OWA (online) in the conversations page.

Is there a way to bring those conversations to the Group's SharePoint Home Page?

We use Groups mostly to store documents and email for conversations.  If I can link conversations to the home page of the Group, people will engage more with other tools available at the home page (online notes for example) and may collaborate more in the comments section.

Most probably you can do that already and I just couldn’t find it here and/or don't know how to do it!

Thank you,

7 Replies
You might be able to try adding a Outlook web part to the front page, you will need to add a custom web part page as your site home page instead of a modern page though. You will also need to add the OWA web parts to the web part gallery in site settings.
Not clear to me that OWA WebPart is the solution here...what I would advice here is just to way for the new modern WebParts coming to modern SPO Sites (Groups sites are modern SPO Sites)...I think there will be a modern WebPart for Group conversations...and of course, you can build (or ask a developer) to build your custom Group conversations WebPart based on the SPFx

I think will have to wait for the new tools.  The process described seems to complex for my small organization! 

Thanx 

Hi,

This conversation is just what I was looking for. Do you have any idea of when they may bring this modern web part, i.e. group conversations, to add to the page?

This would be a great web part to add - especially if you have guest users who can't participate in the group conversation inbox, at least they could view the conversations on the Team Site homepage

We are also in the need of this. After 2 years of raising the topic no progress from MS, what a disappointment again.

@EdizKirman 

I agree - it would be awesome to have a standard webpart - or even a connector but nope, another poor quality MS product where potential can't be utilized because of a simple oversight.