Excel automatically inserts "table1" after restart

Copper Contributor

I have an excel sheet that i use to quote jobs. It has several boxes that all bounce equations off each other. When i open the sheet i create this perfect sheet, but when i close and reopen, everything changes. My formula is no longer valid because connected to a certain cell is "table1". The cells is an If function that translates, "If there is an "x" in this box, do this, if not.." i have tried recreating the cell that the formula is in and i have tried recreating the cell that receives the formula. 

If i jump into that formula and erase it, everything works. then i restart and start it all over again.. Thoughts? 

7 Replies
Hi Ryan

If you upload a sample of the file, maybe we can have a look and see what the issue might be?

Cheers
Damien

Cell AY has a problem, its referencing cell BG. You can open the formula and it will have "Table1" 

Hi Ryan

I've looked at the formula and your headers and have made some slight adjustments for AY:

=[H2 -TRACK COST]+[H3 - TRACK COST]+[2" X 2" X 3/16" ANGLE COST]+[3" X 3" X 1/4" ANGLE COST]+[2" X 2" X 3/16" TUBO COST]+[ALUM WASHER]

I removed the space in front of 2" X 2" X 3/16" TUBO COST and the reference to tabla1 which seems to have helped.

After making the changes and saving the file, it retains the new formula and gives a result of $179.80.

See what you think?

Cheers
Damien

Interesting, i do know how i was missing that.. thanks for taking the time to look at it.
No worries. I hope that resolves the issue!

Cheers
Damien

Hey, if you have a second, would you look at another strange thing my page is doing? When i used this page, the blank format is automatically ready for one item. When i add multiple items, i just drag down the row and it copys the same equations and the same format, most of the time. So as an example, item 1 will have initial formats and equations. Then i will drag it into 4 rows. Rows 1, 3, and 4 will be all identical in format and equations. Row 2 would have the same equations, but not the same formats. So they are not all centered to the right, or they are not in $$, not rounded to the second decimal place, font size, boldness, etc. Again the number would be correct, because the formulas are. but the formal looks wrong 

Hi Ryan

If you are having issues with formatting, try using Format Painter.

1. Just click into a cell that has the right formatting (e.g. a cell in rows 1, 3 or 4).

2. Go to the Home menu tab and click onto Format Painter.

3. Click onto the cell that is not right (you can also select a range of cells if that is required).

See if that fixes the issue?

Sometimes it's easier to correct they problem than it is to diagnose it! In that case it appears to just be a formatting issue that is easily corrected.

Let me know how you go?

Cheers
Damien