Cannot keep 1 decimal percentage once copying from Word to Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi Folks,

I need your help, please.

There's a trouble coming up once copying a percentage (e.g. 3.7%) from Word to Excel. It should be kept in format of "0.0%" , however, be actually represented in 2 decimals (3.70%) in spreadsheet. I have tried many consecutive ways to set the default decimals such as: Automatically insert a decimal point, Format cells,... but they do not work well.

I do not prefer to paste results in excel with 2 decimals then format conditionally to 1 decimal because it takes me much time to adjust hundreds of tables in too many sheets. It'd be great if we can somehow setup at first to make it work in one go. I have also attached a piece of my word report here for your reference.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your efforts and time on my ticket. Many thanks in advance!

Excel version: 18.10 (11001.20074)

1 Reply

At the same Word file, same version of Word and same setup in progress of copying, another laptop makes it work. I think it derives from Excel setup, but don't know in details....

@Truong Nu Khanh Linh wrote:

Hi Folks,

I need your help, please.

There's a trouble coming up once copying a percentage (e.g. 3.7%) from Word to Excel. It should be kept in format of "0.0%" , however, be actually represented in 2 decimals (3.70%) in spreadsheet. I have tried many consecutive ways to set the default decimals such as: Automatically insert a decimal point, Format cells,... but they do not work well.

I do not prefer to paste results in excel with 2 decimals then format conditionally to 1 decimal because it takes me much time to adjust hundreds of tables in too many sheets. It'd be great if we can somehow setup at first to make it work in one go. I have also attached a piece of my word report here for your reference.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your efforts and time on my ticket. Many thanks in advance!

Excel version: 18.10 (11001.20074)