Printing a range of pages in a multi-section document stopped working

Copper Contributor

Hi, we recently encountered problems with printing multi-section documents.

For example:

a document with 3 sections, 10 pages each. I want to print pages from 5 to 15.

Print >Settings > [Custom Print] > Pages: 5-15 > Print. Done.

That always worked but it stopped now. The pages are not printed at all and there is no error message nor anything else.

[Print All Pages] works. [Print Current Page] works. No problems with documents without sections. All other programs print normally as usual.

The only solution I figured so far is to specify section numbers like p5s1-p15s2. But it is tedious and almost impossible with big documents having many sections.

As a workaround it can be printed from a PDF export but there are some minor quality issues. The prints don't look the same.

The same problem appeared on several computers. I don't know exactly when it started. Probably with some updates at the start of the year 2021.

Is it some kind of intentional change or a bug?

Is there any way to just print range of pages regardless of sections?

Version: MS Office Professional Plus 2016 (16.0.13530.20132) 64bit

Thanks.

42 Replies
I have this problem again with newest version of Word 16.0.14, it looks like they again broke it with some version
We have receive a report that this issue has been fixed, so if you are still having the problem, close ALL Office applications and then re-open Word.

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP Yes I can confirm that it's working for me again in Version 2201 (Build 14827.20088). Thanks.

Loulli_0-1642839322744.png