Update to current script. *Solved

Copper Contributor

Solved the issue thanks to the advice in comments.

2 Replies

@The_Piranha 

This part towards the end of line 6 is why it's reporting that you're using the basic authentication method.

-Authentication Basic

App secrets and the authentication type are two separate concepts: one does not imply the other. Line 4 with its -AsSecureString has no bearing on the authentication method.

The Microsoft Exchange Online v2 module is the replacement it's talking about, which you can find below. Note a short way from the top, it speaks directly to the replacement for the New-PSSession approach (from your line 6) in the "connection-related commandlets" table.

About the Exchange Online PowerShell V2 module | Microsoft Docs

Cheers,

Lain

@LainRobertson 

Thanks for the input i'll smack my head against a wall trying to figure out what i'm gonna need to change in my script to keep it working.

I'm clearly a Physical layer / Hardware guy, yall who can do this powershell stuff effortlessly deserve props. Every time they "Improve" something, it breaks something else and those of us who are barely functional with the code spend hours trying to figure out what's broke and where. At least you gave me some direction. That alone is appreciated.