1. Uninstall Citrix Files

2. Uninstall Google Chrome

3. Uninstall Firefox

4. Set Edge as Default browser

5. Remove Cortana Search

6. Remove MS Store (But do not disable)

7. Add Productivity to the XML file for StartMenu

8. Install Windows Defender Endpoint

9.  Modify the registry settings using Powershell (This works)

[ HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search -Name # SearchBoxTaskbarMode -Value 0 -Type DWord -Force
-Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced Name HideFileExt -Value 0 -Type DWord -Force
HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced -Name LaunchTo -Value 1 -Type DWord -Force]

10.  Group Policy Settings (Local GPO) I want to then move it Domain GPO

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component\Turn off the Store application - Enabled 

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component\News and Interests\Enable news and interests on the taskbar policy - Disabled 

User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove Search Link from Start Menu - Enabled 

User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove Search Computer Link – Enabled 

User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Show Store in Taskbar - Disabled 

User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove Search Computer Link - Enabled

File Explorer (manual from File Explorer) 

Open to This PC (not Quick Access) 

Enable File Extension 

Search Bar is Removed 

Start Menu Layout XML file  

Copy the customized Start Menu XML file to C:\Scripts folder 

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Start Layout - Enabled 

Point the Start Layout File location to C:\Scripts\StartMenuLayout.xml file 

I am willing to work with someone to script it and learn in how to do this. Is anyone interested please reply to me and would like to work with someone who is experienced. Faster way to learn.

Thank you

John

0 Replies