SOLVED

Windows 11 insider preview 22593.1 (ni_release) failing

Brass Contributor

2 previous updates were also failing with the same error. I was hoping 22593.1 will install but I got the same 0xc1900101 error:

paulgeanta_0-1649340149391.png

Did anyone find a solution to this besides a clean install?

Thank you,

Paul

66 Replies
Still broken.

I uninstalled a few games thinking the Update needed more memory ,still the same error with the last windows update.

Driving me to insanity now.

I have the same exact problem here.

I am having the same issue,my error code changes between 0x8007005 and 0x800705aa idk why is it making such a fuss.

Windows 11 Insider Preview 22610.1 (ni_release) finally WORKED for me.

@alexpol97 I was SO thrilled to see this comment and the "satisfied customers" who responded with feedback, but sadly it did not present a solution for me.  I've pretty much given up on finding a "fix" that will allow me to install these periodic updates.  I'll probably just wait until a final version is available and then do a "clean" install.  That will be time consuming, as all the apps, drivers and whatnot will be an ongoing effort for quite some time afterwards...

I tried your suggestion (earlier), and it didn't impact the problem. However, a day or two later (and a couple of reboots/startups) I left my PC for awhile, and when I returned it had "auto-installed" the latest update and asked if I wanted to reboot. Well, it was late, and I said "yes" and when it completed the install, "22H2 (OS Build 22616.1) was up and running beautifully! So, I'm thinking turning off MSMQ and WAITING (or restarting a few times) may have resolved my upgrade issue. In any event, thanks for the advice!

Hi!
I'm a little bit late, but I found what create the problem for me and a solution. Maybe it can help someone.

You can try disabling all your disks except your drive C in disk management. you can put them offline there. I had noticed in an errors log that the update was trying to install on my F drive and it was causing the GSOD. once all the drives are offline, the update installs without a problem. you just have to put your drives online afterwards.

Bonjour!
Je suis un peu en retard dans la discussion, mais voici une solution qui a fonctionné pour moi pour le problème de GSOD lorsqu'on installe un nouveau build Insider/Dev. Peut-être que ça peux aider quelqu'un.

Tu peux essayer de désactiver tout tes disques à l'exception de ton C dans la gestion des disques. tu peux les mettre hors ligne là. J'avais remarqué que la mise à jour essayait de s'installer sur mon lecteur F et ça causait le GSOD. une fois toutes les drive hors ligne la mise à jour s'installe sans problème. tu n'as qu'a remettre tes drive En ligne après.